Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the kind of mold that grows in your home or business is the real issue. Mold spores travel through the air, entering structures through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It can be virtually impossible for you to prevent mold entering your home. It’s only when the mold is growing in your property that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to speak with who will advise on the type of mold present is invaluable. Add to that an expert who will develop the optimal way for treatment then carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your house on top of major health problems to your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, does adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through the environment it’s found in, this means that the longer it goes untreated in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the abundance of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in making your house healthy and free from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which grows indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly located in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp surfaces such as wood and textiles. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly horrible mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, luckily is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color but darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It has a strong reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly located in soft goods and grows and spreads in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always located in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might know or suspect there is mold in your residence call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation services required to remove dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.