Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your home. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the species of mold that resides in your house or property is the real problem. Mold spores can travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It is basically impossible for you to eliminate mold infiltrating your property. You should be worried as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can tell you the species of mold present is invaluable. Pair that with an expert who will devise the optimal way to treat it then carry out the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement
When you have Paul Davis inspect your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of experience in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis provides mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your house and major health issues for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it’s found in, this means that the longer it remains untreated in your property, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the types of mold growing in your home and effectively manage treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microbes.
With the range of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis will assist in getting your home healthy and free from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be discovered in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus that enters homes. It grows in porous, damp locations like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is the least common household mold. Stachybotrys requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, flu-like symptoms, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This variety of mold is often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This is a highly responsive allergic mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a cotton like texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and has a dank odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in cold and warm environments and migrates quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then can progress to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms. It is one of the black molds and contributes to asthma and respiratory illnesses.
Speak With Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as perform the remediation servicing necessary to remove insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.