How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Everyone knows how destructive fire can be in a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. Your home and possessions can be overtaken by the smell of smoke, while walls can be stained by soot. A fire can have extreme, catastrophic both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our specialists in soot and smoke are ready to help. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
You Can Repair Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- To fan out smokey air, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Use a rag to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets. We suggest that you use odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
If your house has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our experts are specialized in effective using the proper equipment during our smoke repair cleaning methods, meaning quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.