How You Can Clean Up Fire Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as detrimental. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while walls can be stained by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why our fire repair technicians are here to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can, so we we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Cleaning Up How to Remediate Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- Shut off your HVAC system to stop smoke from spreading.
- To fan out smokey air, move large fans towards open doors and windows.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could create stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a rag.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke remediation services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your house had recent smoke damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we’re done with our smoke repair services. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup specialists from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.